This building, originally built in 1950 and added on to in the 1980's, was completely renovated into a new School of Engineering. Imperial Construction renovated 20,000 square feet of space and added on a three story glass atrium. The new state of the art engineering facility features copper and glass walls and Rulon ceilings. The glass atrium allows light to flood what was once a dark and cold environment.
All work was done without distrubing the historical attributes of the structure. Some aspects of the renovation included demolishing and re-pouring new concrete flooring, relocating the elevator and fire exits, and adding new structural steel to support the roof and second floor. The newly renovated space contains three science labs, a computer lab, a mechanical lab, and glass study rooms overhanging the laboratory area. Several exterior improvements were also made to the sidewalks and landscaping to enhance the aesthetics of the building.
Sign up for our Quarterly IMPERIAL Newsletter
We're built to help, request a proposal today!